Saturday, August 27, 2005

Ground control to Major Tom....

I've turned into some kind of voyeur. I discovered EarthCam, live webcams all over the world. Not sexy, just streets, etc. Red Square, Times Square, Penguins in a zoo in Germany or whatever. I especially enjoy watching the New York scenes. There is a streaming camera with sounds and everything. Sometimes I am horribly certain that this is the closest I'll get to these places and I just want to wallow in self-pity. What if I die before I get to see everything??? I realize what a moronic statement that is but I have such a hunger, no a yearning, to see these places that it feels ... well unfair! I know that sounds alot like whining, especially since I went to South Africa earlier this year, but that seemed to make my need more urgent. I swear to God nothing acquaints you with your own mortality like having a kid. Another cool way to pass time -Google Earth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home