Thursday, May 19, 2005

Working up the Strength for Morning

I have a headache and this is the third night I've woken from horrible nightmares. All terror aside, I've really been enjoying sleeping with the window open, cool fresh air filling the room. Ken huddled under a quilt, shivering his ass off. My favorite way to sleep is when the window's open and it's very cool in the room, me buried under a duvet and a quilt (it's all about the weight of the blankets!) Ken likes 1 little blanket in a warm room. A bird may love a fish but where would they live? It doesn't really matter because they need seperate beds anyways.
It's been rainy here too so the air smells extra refreshing, clean. It rained a couple of days ago and the power went out for 5 hours. No thunder or lightning, just a little rain. That always happens in this crazy-ass, backwoods, hick-town. All the businesses close early and you get sent home with a smaller cheque. Last year it got a little windy and rainy and the power AND the phone lines went down for a whole day.
So far today I've made 2 really bad pots of coffee and discovered a hair in the jello that looks suspiciously like cat. That's nothing compared to the spider I found baked into the bread last night. I think it was a spider, hard to count legs when you're screaming in disgust.
I have to go to the doctor today and find out some results from 2 months ago. They never call you back to let you know what's up. They took 6 vials of blood and a dozen x-rays. I already know that a section of my spine looks like a trail of breadcrumbs on gravel, I'd just like to know what they can do for me. Stinking rat-bastards.
As I mentioned, our bathroom is being renovated and there is shit everywhere. I can't even wash my floor with any degree of sincerity and it's getting pretty hairy. I also babysit a 2 year old during the week and she's everywhere. Anyways, the guy hasn't shown up for a week to work on it so I called him and left a polite message asking if everything is ok as we haven't heard from him. Swearing at the furniture is getting me nowhere.
My motivation is waning, time to leave the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home