Sunday, August 01, 2004

Out & About in Snout

Aye Carumba! I am in the land of tiny houses. Every house in Elk Snout is a doublewide trailer. Except in the trailer courts. They are single trailers with additions. With the carports, mud rooms, etc attached, you almost think it is a house. Then, upon closer inspection, “aha!” you see it. Doublewide. I’ve never seen anything like it. I also never expected it to be so different from High Prairie. Downtown is bigger but everything is closed Sunday, even the grocery store. There is no one walking down the street anywhere! The room I am sleeping in smells of cat pee and though I’ve found one source of the problem, there is still a lingering odour and it’s driving me mental. I am alone in the house as everyone went to the inlaws farm to drink. Again. Jesus, Mary and Joseph. My friends from Vernon left today and I’m kinda bummed. Last night I had a REALLY GREAT time. I got a little drunk with old friends and danced and had a ball. Just like old times. Except three of us had babies there and one of us is now a lesbian. Kinda like old times. One of my girlfriends proceeded to get shitfaced and continued nursing her baby all night. I felt a bit awkward because I gave mine a bottle after I had a couple but didn’t want her to think I was being judgemental or something. I don’t know. Never mind. I was also the cigarette nazi but everyone respected that and stayed away from the babies. Celia had a good time visiting and getting held by a couple of people at the next table and dancing in the pretty lights. I said the grace well enough but was nervous because I didn’t anticipate a microphone. I hate microphones. The ceremony was nice enough, none of it my personal taste, but nice. Everyone cried because the groom was crying when he said his vows. God I miss Ken.

Ich geh' zu Boden wenn du nicht mit mir fleigst
I will fall to the ground if you don't fly with me -Wish, Franka Potente Thomas D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home