Friday, July 16, 2004

STRESSED

I will not stress. I will not stress. I will not stress.

Immediate stressers:
1. My taxes are a mess for no apparent reason.
2. Futureshop owes me $150 and won't give it back.
3. It's too damn hot.
4. One of my best friends is getting married this month. Before I had a chance to tell her I'm not even sure how in the hell I'm getting there, tonight she asked me to say grace at the reception. Because she really wanted me to be in the wedding (bridesmaid was just not an option right now.) But if I don't want to she'll understand, but she wanted to ask me first. Of course I say! Meanwhile I'm having flashes of the last time I did any kind of public speaking. It was high school. NOT in front of 200 strangers and NOT on the most important day of my best friend's life. WHAT THE HELL AM I GONNA SAY? Now I absolutely have to get there.
Reasons:
1. I really want to go.
2. I haven't made it to ANY of my friends' weddings yet.
3. She's the sweetest girl in the whole world.
4. She will be REALLY pissed if I don't.
5. The gifts are way too huge to mail. (not as important, but still a valid reason)
6. She will be REALLY pissed if I don't.

No pressure.
Fuck.

Today's quote:

This is where I felt it the first time. The universe was cocking the fuck-with-me gun. -George, Dead Like Me [2003]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home