Saturday, July 10, 2004

To RSVP or not to RSVP...

I'm still debating about whether or not I want to go to my 10 year high school reunion. Obviously I'm not going. But do I want to? Let's see. I'm not rich/famous/skinny, don't have a fabulous job or live in a cool city anymore. Things are good, but not INYOURFACEYOUUGLYPACKOFLOSERS-good. (This is all in high school context of course. I wouldn't want to offend anyone in my immediate home or anything. I love you Pookie.) What I would like is a picture of the people that do show up so I can see how everyone's changed. Maybe I should send a ringer in my place. With a camera. Someone in the Vernon area who feels like tormenting ex-Seaton students. Anybody? Anybody? There's a barbecue. The fact is, when I graduated, my class won the record for the worst school spirit in the history of the school. Maybe no one else will show up either.

I should probably RSVP pretty soon. It would be the polite thing to do. I'll think about it.

That reminds me. Why the hell do we say RSVP? We are anglophones (another word I dislike, but not as much as francophone.)

Words I dislike:
francophone
anglophone
mongoloid
twiddle
piddle
tinkle
baboon
trousers
slacks(AAAH!)
honky-tonk
horny
concientious
tumbler (as in cup)

Words I like:
rapture
petri (but you have to say it like they do on Land Before Time- PEEE-TREE!)
periwinkle
sneak-thievery
plethora
goo
benevolent
spicy
enamoured
hoodwink
ocean
satiate
tease
tickle
dewy
apoplectic
swizzle

Words that sound misleading:
octagenarian
wet-nurse
tumbler (as in cup)
render

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Spencer said...

You like the word plethora? I think I have to hate you just a little now......

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger trixi said...

I learned a new term today from a baby book:
nipple-twiddling
I know twiddle is in my bad list but nipple-twiddling sounds so festive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home