Thursday, July 08, 2004

Not a particularly frabjous day.

Well Revenue Canada hasn't screwed up my life enough, apparently. First the GST, then the child tax credit, now my EI (maternity leave). No wonder people go crazy and blow shit up. A few years ago, in Kelowna B.C. I think, an eighty year old man walked into ICBC (insurance company) stood on a chair, dropped his pants, and took a crap in the reception area. When I heard this all I could say was "Good for him!" This is the best example of stress release I've heard of. We all want to do something like that at one point or another when dealing with those petty annoyances life presents us far too often. Insurance, taxes, department of motor vehicles, shoddy customer service, etc,etc. Anyways, regarding the octagenarian-pooper, they kept the surveilance tape for training purposes. It almost makes me want to apply for a job there. Almost.

We just got back from a fantastic albeit low-keyed vacation. I was nearly devoid of stress. Okay that's not true, but vacation stress and regular stress are somehow completely different. Near the end of the vacation I was getting stressed out thinking about the regular stress I would have once I returned home. I must be mental. Once I got home, however, I realized I had nothing to look forward to. I've been looking forward to this trip or that trip or some event for so long that I was depressed to think I have nothing else to prepare for. How tragic that I can't just be happy in the now. I've decided this is something I need to work on if I am to have a happy and fulfilling life. I'm just not sure how. It's either that or I start decorating for Christmas. Another thing I tricked myself into thinking was once I returned home summer would be over. What the??? I've wasted so much of my life thinking if only I had this, if only I lived there, then everything would be better and I'd be happy. I keep thinking I want to move away from here. But where would I go? Every place I've lived proved somehow unsatisfying eventually. Either I was trying to escape a broken heart, I hated my friends, I was lonely, I was broke, or I was too far away from everything. Basically I was sad. Now I am very happy with my life, I just hate where I live. I'm kind of afraid if I move and I am still not happy then it will prove I am somehow broken...

I once met a guy at a party who wrote music to accompany The Jabberwocky and played it for us on his guitar. "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" Very cool.

1 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Ken said...

Twas brillig and the slithy tove did gyre and gimble in the wabe.

Whats not to like about that. I love that Jabberwocky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home