Sunday, June 20, 2004

Tracy's Beatlemania: Chapter one

Have you ever listened to “Mother” by John Lennon? It’s very sad if you know anything about him. I’m a bit of a Beatles buff but am rather partial to Paul. Paul is responsible for more of the bouncy, happy, mindless songs. John takes on the role of the pained. I can understand everyone’s fascination with John though, especially teenagers. He’s the sensitive artist and people can relate to him. Paul, on the other hand is a businessman, a carefree spirit , and pretty much a god all the way around. Sorry, couldn’t help myself. FYI his real name is James Paul McCartney Jr. and he did not break up the band. That is a common misconception. He was the last one to give up on the Beatles and was the only one holding it together at the end. When he finally gave in, they disbanded.

Mother
by John Lennon

Mother you had me
But I never had you
I wanted you
But you didn’t want me
So I’ve just got to tell you
Goodbye
Goodbye

Father you left me
But I never left you
I needed you
You didn’t need me
So I’ve got to tell you
Goodbye
Goodbye

Children, don’t do
What I have done
I couldn’t walk
And I tried to run
So I’ve just got to tell you
Goodbye
Goodbye

Mama don’t go
Daddy come home


When one is singing along to Yellow Submarine (vocals by Ringo, written by the dynamic duo, more Paul’s than John’s) it is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE to sing in a cockney accent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home