Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Necklace of death.

I was just thinking about the time Ken and I discovered that the necklace we gave my mom from Africa was made of castor beans. You know, the beans that ricin comes from. Ricin, for which there is no cure but death. Of course the oil has to be extracted and so on, but it's still kinda scarey. So I called my mom and told her maybe she should get rid of them and we'd find her something else. Something prettier and not potentially lethal. To be on the safe side. In case my brother thinks they look like coffee beans and eats them. She refused to give them up but to make me feel better she said she would put them in a safe place. That's right, the freezer! Sigh. Maybe she's punishing me for the time she fell down the stairs and I laughed until I cried. I'm laughing now. Good times!

"I say god-damn what a rush" -Vic Deakins, Broken Arrow [1996]

"Do you ever get down on your knees and thank God you know me and have access to my dementia?" -George Costanza, Seinfeld

Oh yeah, Futureshop is in the clear. Finally.

Note to self: Cancel letter-bomb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home