Monday, July 26, 2004

Death be not proud...

My friend is getting married on Saturday. Yesterday her uncle was murdered. I guess my life doesn't look so bad.
I thought "murder" was supposed to be some obscure thing that happened in the big cities. My grandma's neighbour was killed in his house. My mom's friend was stabbed 47 times by her husband and driven around in the trunk for 2 days. He then left the car in the garage, took out life insurance on her, and went on a holiday. (He served less than 2 years in jail.) My doctor's receptionist was raped, beaten, killed and half buried on the side of the road.


The clouds that gather round the setting sun, Do take a sober colouring from an eye, That hath kept watch o’er man’s mortality -William Wordsworth

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger trixi said...

Actually, each incident happened in a differen't town. Armstrong, Kelowna, High Prairie, and Vernon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home