Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Cheated

Recently I had a friend confide to me that they cheated on their spouse, who happens to be a dear friend of mine. They are truly remorseful and don't want to hurt their partner by telling them now. First of all, I did not want this information at all. I don't want to hurt this person either and finding out will be devastating to them. But I hate having this information. The person who told me was very drunk and started freaking out with worry that I would tell. I assured them I wouldn't. I hate this. Why do people always feel that they have to confide in me. This is not a new thing. Everyone wants a sensitive guy but I swear to god I end up with all the weepers, present company excluded. I once met a friend of a friend and we ended up having a few drinks. He ended up crying and said he thought he was gay but didn't want to tell anyone. I'd known him for all of 4 hours! I could have blabbed to his friend and inlaws if I wanted. And what about people telling me their secret sexual experiences! Gads, I could write a book! I'm a good listener and I guess I seem trustworthy. It's both a blessing and a curse. I won't tell, but I won't lie either. This has happened to me before (where a friend cheated on another friend) and I had to be truthful when asked. It's the best I could do. (I hope)

A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her. –Oscar Wilde

hmmm... interesting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home