Thursday, August 31, 2006

So Cruel

Since when have they been playing U2 on the Classic Rock station/t.v. listings channel? Does this make anyone else feel old? I live in a constant state of trying-not-to-feel-old because Ken thinks I'm ridiculous, and now this! Omigod. I just had a thought. Perhaps my choice in a mate relates to my fascination with Peter Pan. Never mind. That's a whole other issue entirely. Maybe they should just change the name of the station to Tired Overplayed Songs More Than Ten Years Old. I don't even really enjoy classic rock anymore, the same songs are always always always playing. I have to be in the mood for Pink Floyd (quasi-suicidal) and the Beatles are even starting to wear thin. If I hear anymore AC/DC, new or old- it's all the same, I'm going to kill everyone. Trooper makes my skin crawl, but that's likely the result of living at the bar in my early twenties. The dj was stuck in a time warp of his own, and still is, if anyone's interested.

When I want to freak my Mom out, I sing Lemon at her.

If any uses my love for Peter Pan to compare me to Michael Jackson, they WILL get a carving knife through the tongue.

Have a good day.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Christine Hart said...

I feel your pain. Today a dj on The Zone played "Under the Bridge" and referred to it as coming from the 'wayback machine'. It made me feel old, which made me sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home